GET YOUR OWN PICTURE gives participants the all-around filmmaking experience necessary to make their own films. The curriculum integrates intensive study in all the major filmmaking disciplines including cinematography, directing, screenwriting, producing, and editing. They all write, shoot, direct, and edit eight of their own short films.
Beginning on day one, youngsters participate in an intensive sequence of classes in Film Directing, Screenwriting, Camera Technique, Lighting, Digital Editing, Directing Actors and Production Workshop. They extend and deepen their in-class learning by producing their own short films.
Working in crews of four or five, each participants writes, produces, directs and edits four films of increasing complexity. In addition, each participants fulfills the essential roles of Director of Photography, Assistant Camera Operator, and Gaffer (Lighting Technician) on the films of her/his crew members. Thus, everyone has the extensive hands-on experience of working on short films in the workshop.
This workshops aims at providing young people useful tools necessary for a critical analysis of reality and a conscious use of audio-visual messages and at empowering participants to strengthen their narrative and digital skills. They will be involved in the multiple creative steps of designing, creating and presenting their audio-visual outcomes, encouraging them to explore and experiment together the possible uses of video as a powerful and creative tool of expression, cooperation, learning and active participation.
It also aims at developing and strengthening knowledge, skills and competences useful for employability, according to what is happening in our complex society that requires to all to RE-think education also from the point of views of youth who, through non formal but also technical tools given in this workshops, will have the opportunity to deepen the relevant themes for them and be able to communicate and work together also afterwards. An added value of this training will be the chance for partner organizations to become able to communicate in a more effective way what they do at local level and with new international partnerships coming out from specific workshops on networking and projects ideas starting from common needs.
Specific objectives are:
– to provide a non-formal environment in which young people can learn to work in co-operation with others
– to raise participants’ awareness about the techniques of audio-visual language in order to be better informed as active citizens and thrive in increasingly media-varied environments
– to provide communication tools in order to improve the quality of internal and external communication
– to involve young people in reflection on the priorities that affect them and stimulate them in playing a constructive role in the development of their own communities, using videos as a way of expression and constructive debate on the European Citizenship.
– to encourage the sense of initiatives and entrepreneurship capable to stimulate the ability to turn ideas into actions as the designed video is brought until a final product
– to empower young people strengthening their competences and critical capacity to fight against unemployment and social exclusion, to discover new talents and mobilize the potential of young Europeans
– to strengthen the European dimension of projects and to facilitate comparison about youth field issues at European level and learn new strategies for the development of their own communities and personal projects
– to experiment new ways to communicate and cooperate with local institutions and community through videos, involving local people through their active participation and debate on relevant issues for them.
Indoor and outdoor activities will be balanced, the methodology will be based on non-formal education and will apply active and experiential methods, learning by doing and mutual cooperation between participants from different backgrounds and settings, promoting exchange of knowledge, best practices, working methods and proposals for new projects and networking actions.